Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Loathsome... in a wonderful sort of way!

Welcome to Burns and Johnson. I am your co-host, Burns aka Dave Rattigan.

Where my sidekick Johnson can be found in a darkened theatre at least once or twice a week, I'm more likely to be found in a darkened bedroom watching DVDs. That said, I do get out to an actual cinema occasionally, and my first review will be The Da Vinci Code, although it's anyone's guess why I should waste a rare excursion to a real cinema on such a - well, read the review, and it will become very clear what I thought of the movie.

I have many passions in film. My biggest love is for Hammer horror, although realizing its limited appeal, I will try not to go overboard talking about it (unless positively encouraged to, in which case I won't be able to shut the hell up). My current list of favourite films includes Billy Liar (John Schlesinger, 1963) - a film that has hardly left my number one spot in the last five years - Vertigo (Alfred Hitchcock, 1958), The Trouble with Harry (Alfred Hitchcock, 1955), Les 400 Coups (Francois Truffaut, 1958), Rushmore (Wes Anderson, 1998), The Last Picture Show (Peter Bogdanovich, 1971), Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971), Maurice (James Ivory, 1987) and Broadway Danny Rose (Woody Allen, 1983).

Enjoy the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home